Air Fryer Chicken Wings produces the finest and crispiest wings possible. You’ll never make wings any other way once you’ve tried this method, which takes less than 20 minutes.
Can I bake Chicken Wings In Air Fryer?
Yes, however it takes a lot longer to make them crispy than it would otherwise. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spread the wings out on a baking sheet in a single layer to bake (place on an oven rack on top of the baking sheet to get crispier). Bake for 30 minutes, then turn the pan over and bake for another 15-30 minutes, depending on how crisp you want it.
Air fryers are appliances that, in essence, raise the bar on cooking by providing a simpler and more efficient way for almost everything. These Air Fryer Chicken Wings not only cook in a fraction of the time it takes to bake chicken wings, but they also get so crispy that you’ll swear they were fried.
The use of an air fryer enables them to get very crispy without having to actually cook them. Once you’ve tried this technique, you’ll never go back to any other manner of cooking wings. Make a whole dinner out of these by serving them with Air Fryer French Fries or Instant Pot Corn on the Cob. Do you want to add some spice to it? Try these BUFFALO wings that are cooked in the air fryer!
- 2 lbs chicken wings (drums and flats) (defrosted if frozen)
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- One tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Prepare the chicken wings according per package directions. If you have a lot of wings, divide them into drums and flats. Check to see if they have been defrosted. Allow them to dry fully before storing them (this will help them get crispy).
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the wings with olive oil and bake them for 30 minutes. Toss everything together. Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Toss the wings in the sauce until they are fully coated.
- Preheat the Air Fryer for 2 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the wings in a single layer in the air fryer (they should not touch) and cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until crispy.
- After the timer goes off, gently open the oven door and turn the chicken wings over. Cook for a further 8 minutes. Remove the chicken wings from the pan and set them aside.