Air Fryer Quesadillas are a delicious and fast supper alternative for those with hectic weekday schedules. Stick to the tried-and-true combo of refried beans and cheese, or get creative with your fillings. The tortilla comes out wonderfully crisp and the cheese is properly melted thanks to the air fryer.
Do you like quesadillas? You really must try cooking these in an air fryer. Every time, the outside tortilla gets absolutely crunchy, and the cheese melts properly each and every time as well.
When it comes to preparing Air Fryer Quesadillas, I usually “cheat” by putting them in the sandwich press for a quick and easy supper that requires no work. However, after I tried them in the air fryer, there was no turning back for me anymore. It’s a world of difference!
What goes into your Air Fryer Quesadillas is completely up to you. In order to create this dish on those hectic evenings when the last thing I want to do is prepare dinner, I always have an open can of my favorite refried beans on hand. However, don’t assume you’re restricted to beans and cheese as your options.
Consider experimenting with other contents – leftover rotisserie chicken, roasted vegetables, or even simply cheese on its own would all be delicious.
Tips For Making Air Fryer Quesadillas
- When the tortilla is first being cooked, I’ve noticed that it may sometimes separate from the contents while it’s being cooked. If this occurs, just press the pan back down with a spatula and continue cooking as usual.
- Make certain that you flip halfway. Using this method, you can guarantee that the whole quesadilla is crispy.
- When the quesadilla is crisp and golden on the outside and the cheese is melted on the inside, it is ready.
- Fillings for this dish may be made with any combination of ingredients that you want. It is possible that you may need to modify the cooking time appropriately.
- It is possible that the quantity of filling you use will be more or less depending on the size of your tortillas.
- Please feel free to double or treble the recipe if you want. All you’ll have to do is cook in small quantities.
Ingredients To Make Air Fryer Quesadillas
- 2 Flour Tortillas
- 4 tbsp Refried Beans, or more if needed
- ½ cup Cheese, or more if needed
- Sour Cream
- Greek Yoghurt
- Using a level surface, place a tortilla on top of the refried beans and distribute evenly over half of the tortilla.
- Spread cheese on top of the beans, then fold the tortilla in half to enclose the filling.
- To finish up, repeat the process with the remaining tortillas.
- In an air fryer basket, place the tortillas and cook on 180C / 350F for 8 minutes, or until the quesadillas are crisp, golden, and the cheese is melted, turning midway during the cooking time.
- During the first few minutes of cooking, you’ll want to check on your quesadillas to see whether the tortilla has risen slightly away from the contents. If it has, gently press it back down with a spatula.
- Serve immediately, either as is or with guacamole, sour cream, or Greek yoghurt on top if desired.