Air Fryer Tilapia is a fast, simple, and delicious fish dish that is perfect for a weekday supper. This tilapia dish, which is flavored with garlic and parmesan, has no breadcrumbs and is delicious served with roasted veggies or rice.
Can you cook fish in the air fryer?
Yes! Using an air fryer to cook fish results in a piece of fish that is both tender and juicy. This technique, which involves seasoning the fish thoroughly and tossing it in sauce, is less time-consuming than baking and quicker than pan frying. Using an air fryer, it only takes approximately 15 minutes from start to finish, because to its speed.
What do you serve with tilapia?
Tilapia is a fairly light white fish that may be easily overwhelmed in a large aquarium. Serving it with a roasted vegetable, such as roasted Brussels sprouts or whatever is in season, would be my recommendation. Another delicious alternative is a simple rice pilaf, or even a light side salad to accompany the meal. When you serve tilapia with a simple side dish, it really comes to life.
How much fish do you buy per person?
A serving of six to eight ounces of tilapia is ideal with a side dish of roasted vegetables or brown rice on the side. Fortunately, it’s about the size of most filets that I’ve seen, so I generally order one filet per person when I’m out. I strongly advise you to inquire with your fishmonger or the fish counter at your local grocery shop. Alternatively, you may ask “I want to prepare for this many people, how much should I get?” if you are unsure.
How do you reheat leftover tilapia?
Since reheated fish does not taste as delicious as freshly cooked fish, I suggest just preparing as much as you would consume in a single sitting. But if you happen to have any leftover tilapia, you can just reheat it on the stovetop in melted butter until it is barely warmed through, as described above. Cold consumption, such as in a salad or on a sandwich, is an option as well.
Can you use frozen fish?
In the event that you have frozen tilapia, I suggest defrosting it overnight in the refrigerator so that it is thawed and ready to cook the following day. If you cook the tilapia from frozen, it may cook unevenly, resulting in portions that are dried out and others that are overdone. You can also defrost tilapia by placing it in a plastic bag and placing it in a basin of cold water for 15-30 minutes.
What other sauces can you use?
Once the Air Fryer Tilapia is cooked, you may add virtually any seasoning you desire to make it delicious! You could season the fish with your own homemade taco seasoning and then serve it with cabbage, avocado, and your other favorite toppings in taco shells, for example. Other choices include chimichurri sauce, cajun spice, or just freshly squeezed lemon juice with herbs, which is delicious.
- 6 oz fillet of tilapia
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Spray oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1-2 tablespoons parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Lemon wedge optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F.
- Preparing the tilapia is simple. While the air fryer is preheating, season both sides of the fish with kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- After the air fryer has been warmed, gently spray the basket.
- Additionally, gently spray both sides of the fish filet.
- Cook the tilapia in the air fryer for 4 minutes on one side, then turn and cook for another 3-4 minutes on the other side.
- The fish is done when the internal temperature reaches about 145 degrees Fahrenheit and the thickest portion of the fish may be flaked easily with a fork.
- While the fish is cooking, in a small dish, combine the melted butter, parmesan, Italian seasoning, and a sprinkle of salt to make a sauce for the fish.
- With a spatula, gently lift the fish out of the pan. Finish with fresh lemon juice, if preferred, after drizzling the butter mixture over the fish. Take pleasure in it right now.