What Goas Well With Chili For dinner?
- Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Cornbread
- Golden Cornbread Recipe
- Two Ingredient Nutella Brownies
What Do You Top Chili With?
Other items you may keep on hand for toppings for your chili are cheddar cheese, garlic, sour cream, salsa, green onions, olives, and hamburger relish.
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- sliced green onions
- saltine crackers or oyster crackers
- diced avocado
Can You Freeze Chili?
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 ½ tablespoons chili powder divided (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 14 ½ ounces crushed tomatoes canned
- 19 ounces kidney beans canned, drained & rinsed
- 14 ½ ounces diced tomatoes with juice
- ½ cups beef broth
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-½ teaspoons chili powder. Combine ground beef and cook until done.
- Brown ground beef, crushed red or whole garlic, jalapeño, and onion in a big pot
- Dismantle any unnecessary fat
- Add the other ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 45-60 minutes to allow the chili to thicken to the consistency you like
- You may use either cheddar, scallions, green onions, or another preferred garnish, like cilantro, to put on top.
Spice Level To our own taste, this chili is just fine. You may also add or remove some or all of the chili powder to this sauce to suit your own personal preferences. You may also choose to leave the seeds in your jalapeños or add a few dashes of hot sauce or chili flakes for more spice.
Ground Beef This dish will use ground meat of any kind: chicken, turkey, beef, or pork may be used. If your meat has a lot of fat, it should be removed before cooking so that it does not get fatty during the simmering process.
Beer I like the additional depth of taste provided with a little beer. Do feel free to forgo the beer and use more broth instead.
Swap the Spices Play around with it, feel free to make it as spicy as you’d like To put taco seasoning in a pot of tex-mex, that is to add a packet to a mix of a chili.
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
- Beer can be replaced with extra broth.
- Any ground meat will work in this recipe.
- Optional toppings: sour cream, red or green onion, cheese, jalapenos, cilantro, avocado & lime wedges, tortilla chips