These Best Lemon Bars Recipe may be made with just 7 ingredients. The lemon bars curd filling is particularly thick and creamy, and it’s served atop a buttery shortbread crust that’s impossible to resist. To prevent overcooking lemon bars, bake them at a lower temperature.
They’re the Best Lemon Bars Recipe you’ll ever have, and they’re excellent for picnics, bake sales, spring brunches, baby showers, and wedding showers. I’m going to demonstrate how to make lemon bars today. This Best Lemon Bars Recipe dessert recipe is one of my favorites.
These are theBest Lemon Bars Recipe I’ve ever tasted, and I don’t say that lightly. I’m convinced you’ll agree after just one taste. This is a recipe that everyone should know.
The procedure is straightforward, and in the video instruction below, I guide you through each step. Let’s begin baking by getting some fresh citrus. There’s a hint of spring in the air!
2 Guaranteed Tricks to Make the Best Lemon Bars Recipe
- Use a glass pan. Ceramic is ok, but glass is preferable. Metal should be avoided at all costs. When lemon bars are baked on metal pans, I usually smell a tiny metallic taste.
- Use fresh juice. While store-bought bottles are handy, they lack a lot of taste. You’ll be able to tell the difference right away! I have an old citrus juicer.
Best Lemon Bars RecipeIngredients
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour.
- Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice.
- Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool.
- For a festive tray, make another pan using limes instead of lemons and adding a drop of green food coloring to give a very pale green.
- After both pans have cooled, cut into uniform 2 inch squares and arrange in a checker board fashion.