You can make a baked potato in the oven, crockpot, or in a microwave. In this article we will discover how to bake a potato in Toaster Oven and get a crispy, delicious exterior and a fluffy center.
What Is The Best Way To Bake A Potato?
- Do you need it right away? – ‘Bake’ in the microwave.
- Do you like it to be extra moist? – Wrap in foil and bake.
- Do you want it done on a weeknight as soon as you come in the door? – Wrap in foil and cook on low in a crockpot.
- Do you like skin that has a lot of flavor? – Rub with oil, butter, or bacon grease, season with salt and pepper, and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Are you just equipped with a toaster oven? – It’s simple to make baked potatoes in a toaster oven. Potatoes should be prepared as normal and baked in a toaster oven.
4 Idaho or russet potatoes, (8–11ounces each) 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the toaster oven to 400°F on the bake setting, with the rack in position B.
- Thoroughly scrub and dry the potatoes.
- Lightly massage 14 tsp olive oil into each potato.
- Prick the potatoes 6 to 8 times with a fork. Place immediately on the rack and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until tender and readily punctured with a knife. Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- To serve, press the top open, fluff the inside with a fork, and top with butter, extra virgin olive oil, margarine, or sour cream, if preferred. To taste, season with kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper.