Best Crispy Coconut Prawns and Mango Summer Salad will brighten up the day. It’s full of flavor and color, and it’s sure to brighten up your lunchtime.
Cut the grey line that extends from the head to the tail of each prawn with a sharp knife. Whisk the coconut milk until creamy, then pour half of it into a mixing bowl with the prawns. Set aside for 15 minutes after adding half of the lime juice and a sprinkle of salt.
Meanwhile, combine the remaining coconut milk, the remaining lime juice, sesame oil, sugar or honey, and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl.
Divide the watercress or spinach among two bowls, then top with the mango, avocado, and red onion slices, mint, and sliced chillies.
Pour 1-2cm of oil into a big saucepan set over medium heat. Combine the desiccated coconut, cornflour, and seasoning in a mixing bowl. Drain the prawns and coat them with the cornflour paste, brushing off any waste.
Drop one prawn into the oil; if it sizzles, add a few more, but not too many. Fry for 1-2 minutes on either hand, or until crisp and golden, then move to a plate lined with paper towels. When all of the prawns have been cooked, sprinkle them over the salad and drizzle with the sauce.
- 160g raw king prawns, peeled
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 large lime, ½ juiced, ½ cut into wedges to serve
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp caster sugar or honey
- 2 large handfuls of watercress or baby spinach (or use a mixture)
- ½ mango, stoned, peeled and sliced or cut into chunks
- 1 small avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
- ½ small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ small bunch of mint, leaves picked
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp cornflour