Refried Beans Recipe have been missing from my life for as long as I can remember. After a few of disappointing Mexican restaurant dinners, I rejected pinto beans, but I’ve finally discovered them in all their splendor. They’re creamy and rich, and they go well with scrambled eggs, soup, rice, and other dishes. Because Refried Beans Recipe are so buttery, they produce the tastiest refried beans.
I just combined my Refried Beans Recipe with my pinto beer bean recipe to create these ridiculously amazing refried beans. Fresh cilantro brightens these refried beans, and a dash of lime juice adds complexity to the flavor. Aside from the flavor, these refried beans are a good source of plant based protein and fiber (12 grams of each per serving).
Is there a freebie? This dish is quite simple to prepare. To create this dish as fast as possible, I used high quality canned beans. I tried home-cooked beans and couldn’t notice enough of a difference to justify the effort.
However, if you want to boil your own beans, you may do so. In less than 25 minutes, you can make refried beans by sautéing an onion in olive oil, then adding seasonings and beans.
This refried bean recipe is considerably better than store bought refried beans, and it’s become a kitchen staple for me. I hope you find it to be a staple in your household as well.
Uses for Refried Beans Recipe
Refried Beans Recipe are a nutritious side dish that complement any Mexican dinner. I prefer to eat them as a bean dip with tortilla chips since they’re so tasty. Tacos, enchiladas, and burritos may all benefit from these protein-packed vegan refried beans. On the interior of a quesadilla or on top of a tostada, spread them out.
It is impossible to make a mistake!
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat the canola oil.
- Cook garlic cloves in heated oil for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring once, until golden on both sides.
- Using a fork, crush the garlic cloves in the skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until pinto beans, cumin, chili powder, and salt are well heated, approximately 5 minutes.
- Mix it up every now and again.
- Using a potato masher, mash the bean mixture until it reaches the desired texture.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the crushed beans and mix until everything is well mixed.